Monday, December 1, 2008

Gnarly

The break was sweet. Except for the part where I got sick. Nothing like experiencing a great thanksgiving dinner in reverse, if you know what I mean. Shout out to Marvel, Ruth and all you Johnsons and Van Pelts! It was great seeing you! Thank you for taking care of me.

I was worried I'd be lacking strength and stomach power for this upcoming crazy week, but Providence has deemed it, for which I am grateful. Koch wraps up tomorrow and Wednesday through Saturday I will be at ALEC conferences meeting all sorts of people from the public and private sector. ALEC is putting us interns up in the hotel, so it'll be nice to have someone make my bed for me and pay/prepare my meals. As you know, that is a major plus in my book.

The first conference is on tax policy that the Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force that I intern for is putting on. That one lasts all day Wednesday with the likes of Stephen Moore speaking, amongst others. He's a good guy.

Thursday through Saturday is their States and Nations Policy Summit. This is one of the big three they have per year with members from legislatures and corporations coming together to network and learn stuff. Some of the speakers include Mitch Daniels and Newt Gingrich. It's a pretty sweet opportunity.

No comments: