Tuesday, April 28, 2009

At Last

At last, a new title. For those of you still wondering, I have not been in DC since December 08, thus, there isn't much "DC Time" to speak of first hand anymore.

The new title came to me in class. If I remember correctly, there are as many people living today as have ever inhabited the earth. Roughly speaking I am sure. Each one of us little humans has opinions we think vastly important. For instance, most think that if we were the close advisor to whatever leader of countryX, countryX would no longer be in the dumps. Every time I fly over a city or suburban area or watch hundreds of cars go by on the freeway, it baffles me to think that each person who is represented by the buildings and cars possesses their own set of qualities, flaws, and opinions. By inference, I think this makes our opinions worthless. In the vastness of the cosmos, who cares what I think? Especially if I am an accident of some pre-historic (before time) physical law. But wait! Christ came to earth, demonstrating His love for all humanity, including myself. He gives value to what each of us has to say because we are dignified creations in God's image. We are not an accident but carefully crafted, able to reason and interact. So here's one being's voice (me) out of 13 billion (or so), insignificant, yet valuable for some mysterious reason in all its shortcomings.

1 comment:

Elena Forsythe said...

I like this a lot. And I like you a lot, too.