Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where have I been?

Spring Break man.

Hit up Atlanta, New Orleans, Cozumel. Took a cruise ship from New Orleans to Cozumel. Beautiful sun, beautiful beach, food and rest. Pics on Facebook soon. Checked Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana off the state list too.

Read Slash, Slash's (the lead guitarist from Guns N Roses) autobiography. It's full of his crazy exploits throughout his life. Although full of many unrepeatable things (I don't recommend it for everyone), it gave me a new appreciation for music and the intense struggles that many people have with substance abuse. I also started reading Mark Twain's Roughing It. It is very funny and I recommend it. It's all about his travels out west or as he puts it, "variegated vagabondizing" when he was about my age. I need to read more from this guy.

Was out of the news loop, but I'm climbing back into it. I'll save the commentary until a late date.

2 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

Nice. :)

Lets Think It Through said...

If you liked that book, you would also like Fieldy, the bass player in Korn's book. The good news on his is he becomes a believer in the end. Amazing stuff.

Steve Rumsey