Sunday, November 2, 2008

What's been going oN?

Well, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Friday was the usual day of sleeping in a little later than usual, getting some reading in and then class. Of course it was Halloween and I was tempted to go out on the town and see what was happening, but decided I didn't want to mess with the crowds. I avoid crowds whenever I am able. Who doesn't? I guess the crowd. We had a little costume shindig on our roof, people came out and dressed up for it. Good times. I was Tom Petty.
Then I watched two episodes of John Adams with the ASP intern, Abigail. If you are unaware of or have not seen the John Adams miniseries by HBO Video, check them out. The whole "history comes to life" thing really applies to the series.
Saturday was the birthday. I felt loved thanks to the many texts, calls, facebook posts, emails. Thank you to each of you! Since it was a beautiful day, I took some books and went to a nearby park to read for a couple of hours. Needless to say, it was really mellow.
A guy and his wife or girlfriend were sitting on the bench next to me basically the whole time I was there, just chilling. At 4:15, the guy asked me for the time, I told him, then he gave me the gospel in a nutshell and asked me if I knew Jesus Christ. Agreeing with him, he then asked me a basic theology question about whether I believed in the trinity or not. I agreed. Having never really had that happen to me before, it was a unique experience. He later asked if I knew of any pentecostal churches in the area. I don't.
That night I went to an all Wagner program with a friend I met back in Presidential Classroom in 2004. It was a great performance. A cool birthday surprise went down that night too. Apparently, where the peasant section was, where we were supposed to sit, was taken up by the translation projection screen. So they upgraded us to some kickin box seats.
Afterward we went to this restaurant called Clydes in Chinatown where I had one of my top 5 burgers.

1 comment:

sarahedmondson said...

I'm glad your birthday was good- don't let that feeling of giddiness leave you yet. Explanation to come.