Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's raining like deuce here. Remnants from whatever hurricane. However, despite the crummy weather, some friends and I decided to take a trip to some museums. We hit up the Natural History, Smithsonian Castle and Air and Space. Solid afternoon.

For those who haven't heard, I live in an apartment with 5 other guys. Two are in the journalism program, so we only see them when they're in the apartment, since we have separate classes from each other. There are two rooms upstairs, along with the bathroom. Downstairs is our common area and kitchen.

Speaking of kitchen, buying and preparing my own food has been an experience. My entire life food has just appeared. BAM. But here I personally have to make the effort and expend the money to keep myself alive. It's a hard knock life and a good experience.

I do a lot of walking since it's about 7 blocks to the nearest Metro station and then once you get off the Metro, it's a nice little jog to wherever you have to get usually. I guess the whole walking thing is typical of city life. Those of you who have lived/live in a city are probably thinking "what a dip, he should have known this stuff." I agree. Although, I came here to learn and learning I am. It's only been the first week too. Bring it on.