Monday, October 6, 2008

More Camping

This weekend I went camping for the second time in Maryland. It was way good. Randomly saw my internship coordinator at the Shady Grove stop, caught a baby bass in an old canal, absorbed the smokey smell, ate random food and slept really well that night, which I did not expect. Walking to and through Union station with a pile of blankets and a full bag which has a quote from Thomas Jefferson I got for free from my internship, is a great experience. Coming back from camping is even better because I feel more a part of the dirty parts of the city, smelling like smoke and a little dirtier than I was before. People look at me differently when I'm carrying a bunch of blankets than when I'm dressed for internship. I fit into a different niche. I also feel like it's a sampling of two different types of people who live in the city: the guy who just slept inside and guy who just slept outside.

No comments: