Friday, October 10, 2008

Week

It's been awhile since my last post. What have I been up to? (If you're interested, read on. If not, you know what to do).

Tuesday was the usual Koch Foundation class all day. Always good stuff there.
Wednesday was time at ALEC making phone calls and compiling data. Then class in the afternoon where we talked about things like, would Jesus talk to Ahmadinejad if he were president of the US.
We also had the "family dinner" and I was able to talk with my table about markets and whether Christians can be libertarians.
Thursday was ALEC all day with more phone calls, lunch with some new friends from the ONE campaign. Conversation topics there ranged from VP picks to stereotyping Christians to US foreign policy, etc. Then back to work talking with state legislators all around the nation, asking them if they had received our mailing and would like to update their email address. My dad also came last night since he was done with his meetings in Baltimore earlier than he expected. So we chilled on the roof and talked about self-interest vs selfishness and all its implications, who is Jesus? and dabbled in the roll of violence. It was great to process things with him, he's a pretty good guy, to put it very, very mildly.
Today I am supposed to be writing a paper, then to a White House briefing-which is only vaguely as cool as it sounds. There will be some official from the White House coming to speak to us on something. No doubt it will be good, it just wont be the President. Then I aim to campaign for McCain because we have to get in at least 30 hrs of volunteering with a campaign before Nov 5. Then I am going to a dinner to hear some speakers like George Will, D'Souza, and David Koch. Then my parents pick me up and we hang out over the weekend.
Of course, all those plans could change.

Shout out to 2nd East Wengatz for first place in Airband! Really wish I could have been there for that.

2 comments:

sarahedmondson said...

DC sounds so great, but airband definitely reminded me of your absence this semester. Know that you were thought of last night and that I wished I could see you running around with soot on your face and a chimney broom.

Unknown said...

Dude, we wish you could have been here too! See you in a week :-D